Travel Health Protocol
Updated on 13 July 2022 – Circular Letter of the COVID-19 Task Force Number 22 of 2022
1. All foreign travelers (foreign nationals) who will enter the territory of the Republic of Indonesia shall adjust the general travel requirements to be allowed to enter the territory of Indonesia, which includes COVID-19 vaccination certificate and the use of PeduliLindungi application.
2. Foreign travelers are not required to show a negative result of RT-PCR test which is undertaken at the country/region of origin.
3. All foreign travelers are allowed to enter the territory of Indonesia through entry points via:
a. Airports: (i) Soekarno Hatta, Banten; (ii) Juanda, East Java; (iii) Ngurah Rai, Bali; (iv) Hang Nadim, Riau Islands; (v) Raja Haji Fisabilillah, Riau Islands; (vi) Sam Ratulangi, North Sulawesi; (vii) Zainuddin Abdul Madjid, West Nusa Tenggara; (viii) Kualanamu, North Sumatera; (ix) Sultan Hasanuddin, South Sulawesi; (x) Yogyakarta, Special Region of Yogyakarta; (xi) Sultan Iskandar Muda, Aceh; (xii) Minangkabau, West Sumatera; (xiii) Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II, South Sumatera; (xiv) Adisumarmo, Central Java; (xv) Syamsuddin Noor, South Kalimantan; and (xvi) Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman, Sepinggan, East Kalimantan.
- The airports referred to in numbers (xi), (xii), (xiii), (xiv), (xv), and (xvi) above are only intended as entry points for international travelers related to the Hajj program and are opened during the period of 4 June-15 August 2022.
b. Seaports: All seaports are opened as entry points through the consideration of the Directorate General of Sea Transportation, Ministry of Transportation.
c. Cross-Border Posts: (i) Aruk, West Kalimantan; (ii) Entikong, West Kalimantan; (iii) Mota’ain, East Nusa Tenggara; (iv) Nanga Badau, West Kalimantan; (v) Motamasin, East Nusa Tenggara; (vi) Wini, East Nusa Tenggara; (vii) Skouw, Papua; and (viii) Sota, Papua.
4. Upon arrival at the entry points, foreign travelers must undergo a COVID-19 symptom check, including a body temperature check, with the following conditions:
a. Travelers without symptoms of COVID-19, and body temperature under 37.5 degrees Celsius: are not required to undergo RT-PCR examination upon arrival.
b. Travelers exhibiting symptom(s) of COVID-19 or body temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius: are required to undergo RT-PCR examination upon arrival.
5. The provision regarding the period of isolation (quarantine) applies for all foreign travelers with the following categories:
a. Quarantine is no longer required for those who have received the complete dose (second dose or third dose/booster) of vaccine at least 14 days before departure.
b. Quarantine period of 5 x 24 hours is required for those who have not been vaccinated or received the complete dose of vaccine at least 14 days before departure.
c. The quarantine period provisions for foreign travelers under the age of 18 (eighteen) years and/or require special protection can follow the quarantine period provisions imposed on their parents or caregivers.
6. The provision for showing COVID-19 vaccination certificate (physical or digital) is excluded for all foreign travelers with the following categories:
a. Foreign nationals who hold diplomatic or official visas related to official/state visits of their foreign officials at ministerial level and above and foreign nationals who enter Indonesia under the Travel Corridor Arrangement scheme, according to the principle of reciprocity;
b. Foreign nationals who intend to travel domestically in order to go outside the territory of Indonesia, as long as they do not leave the airport area during the transit process, provided that they (i) have been authorized by the the Port Health Office and (ii) show a flight ticket schedule for direct transit from the city of departure to the international airport in Indonesia;
c. Under 18 years of age;
d. Foreign nationals who have completed the quarantine or COVID-19 treatment and have been declared clear from COVID-19, but are unable to receive second dose vaccination for COVID-19, with the requirement to bring a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued by a government hospital or ministry of health in the country/region of origin of departure; or
e. Foreign Nationals with special health conditions or comorbid diseases that prevent the foreign travelers from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, as evidenced by a doctor's certificate from the government hospital of the country/region of origin of departure.
7. All foreign travelers (foreign nationals) who will enter the territory of the Republic of Indonesia are not required to show the proof of ownership of health insurance.
8. The above policies are temporary and will be readjusted according to global health developments.
For all domestic travel with air, sea, and land transportation modes, using private or public vehicles, crossings, and intercity trains from and to regions throughout Indonesia, the following provisions shall apply:
- Domestic Travelers who have received third dose of vaccine (booster) are not required to show the negative results from the RT-PCR or rapid antigen test.
- Domestic Travelers who have only received second dose of vaccine are required to show a negative result of rapid antigen test which sample is taken within 1 x 24 hours or RT-PCR taken within 3 x 24 hours before departure. Domestic Travelers in this category can also get the third dose of vaccine (booster) upon departure (on-site).
- Domestic Travelers who have only received first dose of vaccine are required to show a negative result of RT-PCR test taken within 3 x 24 hours before departure.
- Domestic Travelers with special health conditions or comorbid diseases that prevent the person concerned from receiving vaccinations are required to show a negative RT-PCR result taken within 3 x 24 hours before departure, along with a doctor's certificate from the government hospital stating that the person concerned has not or is unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- The provisions for Domestic Travelers under the certain age are as follows:
a. Domestic Travelers ranging from 6 - 17 years old can be excluded from the obligation to show negative results from the RT-PCR test or rapid antigen test but are still required to bring proof of a second dose of COVID-19 vaccination at least.
b. Domestic Travelers under the age of 6 years old are excluded from the above conditions but only allowed to travel with their parents or caregivers.